Salary / benefits: Depend on Experience, competitive.
Job Term: Permanent / Full Time / Onsite
My client who is a manufacturer of specialist glass products (mainly supplying specialist glass products to the medical, scientific, and aviation industries) is now looking for a further Glass Blower to join their team.
Based at my client’s development facility in Middlesex, your duties will include the following –
· Sealing of glass and quartz windows to tubing using glass lathes
· End-sealing using sealing-in machines and glass lathes
· Hot-forming and pressing of glass bases with kovar pins for use in manufacture
· Demonstration and training of other workers in the Glass team as necessary
· Manufacture and repair of vacuum manifolds
· Grinding and polishing of windows and envelopes to remove surface scratches.
The role involves a variety of glass forming work, primarily using glass lathes and similar machines but also with an element of freehand glass blowing.
The role will be located at my clients Uxbridge facility but occasional travel to the Stourbridge facility may be necessary.
It is expected that you will at least 3 years previous relevant glass forming and sealing work using glass lathes and related machines to form glass-to-glass seals
Candidates must be resident in the UK and be eligible to live and work in UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested for verification.
Candidates must hold a full, clean current driving license.
Skills: Glass blowing, Glass forming.
To Apply:Please send covering letter and CV to Lee Mulligan firstname.lastname@example.org